Choka refers to a method of preparing particular ingredients. It is about fire-roasting, pounding and grinding.
- 8 Servings
- 5-7 medium organic potatoes
- ½ tsp butter
- 5 wiri wiri peppers
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Salt to taste
- Boil the whole potatoes in a large pot for approximately 1 hour until they are fork tender
- Once the potatoes are cool, peel the skin off
- Mash with a potato masher or a fork until all lumps are removed
- Incorporate the butter, pepper, onion, and scallions into the mashed potatoes
- Add salt to desired taste
- The Author of this recipe, Sunina, owner of the Blog TastyGuyana.com is a Guyanese American, she chose to highlight Guyana’s culinary splendor because she felt there was no representation of our tasty heritage that will satisfy the taste buds and provide health benefits. This inspired her to compile a collection of authentic and healthy Guyanese recipes.
Adapted from Tasty Guyana