Sada Roti: This is a plain roti, made of white flour
- 8 oz flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Sieve flour. Remove a handful for rolling and kneading. Add salt, baking soda, and bicarbonate of soda to flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add enough water to make a firm dough and mix thoroughly. Knead in basin. Cover and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat tawah.
- Cut dough into 6 pieces and roll out each piece to ½ inch thick. Place on tawah and cook on both sides for 6 minutes.
- Pull tawah aside and lower burner. Cook roti on direct heat. Turn and cook on other side.
- Roti should swell and become a light brown color. Serve hot with Boulanger (bygan) Choka.
- Makes 6
Adapted from Guyanese pride