Tamarind drink is quite sweet, tart, and highly refreshing,it’s good for you too!
- 1 lb fresh Tamarind shelled
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Add all ingredients to a saucepot , and bring to a rapid boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and boil for 30 minutes
- Let this cool and strain though a sieve, using a spoon to assist in getting all the pulp through the sieve.
- Use a funnel to transfer into a tall bottle and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Adapted from Guyana’s Tasty Exotic